[Mailman-Users] Some basic how-to questions

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Fri Sep 1 22:02:08 CEST 2006

First off, I'm not sure if any of those are possible via the web
interface.  I don't think that's really what the interface was designed
for.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Renaming a list is a royal pain in the ass.  There's some documentation
on the Mailman website about it, though it warns that there's no really
safe way to do this.  And it seems to me that 2) and 3) are going to do
the same thing.  However, for #2 you might take a look at
bin/config_list.  As far as deleting a list, it's easy to do using the
bin/rmlist.  Generally, if you're doing administration for a bunch of
lists, I've found it much easier to work with the command line utilities
that ship with Mailman.  Hope this helps a little bit.

Ryan