[Mailman-Users] Mailman with exim4 on Debian Sarge

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 1 17:11:17 CEST 2006

Oliver König wrote:

>Just added it:
>domainlist MAILMAN_DOMAINS= server.windfinder.com : news.server.windfinder.com
>
>After exim4 restart the mail delivery failed completely (even for non mailman
>mail):
<snip>
>2006-09-01 10:39:13 1GJ4YH-0004nB-ND unknown named domain
>list "+MAILMAN_domains"
<snip>
>I changed this according tohttp://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html to:
>[..]
>begin routers
>
>mailman_router:
>   driver = accept
>   domains = +MAILMAN_domains
>   require_files = MAILMAN_LISTCHK
>   local_part_suffix_optional
>   local_part_suffix = -admin     : \
>-bounces   : -bounces+* : \
>                       -confirm   : -confirm+* : \
>-join      : -leave     : \
>-owner    : -request   : \
>-subscribe : -unsubscribe
>   transport = mailman_transport

You seem to have case issues here, i.e., MAILMAN_DOMAINS vs.
MAILMAN_domains. The documentation shows this all lower case. I don't
know if that is significant or not, but it may be.

Also, you don't indicate whether or not you have server.windfinder.com
and news.server.windfinder.com in local_domains. If not, I think this
is the cause of your relaying problem.