[Mailman-Users] Need help: Failure_to_exec_script._WANTED_gid_12, _GOT_gid_110

Heinrich, Maximilian heinrich at esono.de
Fri Sep 1 16:53:19 CEST 2006

Hello again,

thanks for your help so far with the strange
unable-to-determine-caller's-group-id-thing. In fact I found out that
the problem was that the either qmail or mailman expected the GID of
user "popuser" to be 110. (it was 30). So I changed that by changing the
GID in /etc/group and /etc/passwd to 110 and by performing this

find / -gid 30 -print -exec chgrp 110 {} \; >gid30to110.log

so far so good. NOW I get at least no "deferral" but "success" delivery
message in my qmail log but with this error behind it:

delivery 890: success:
Failure_to_exec_script._WANTED_gid_12,_GOT_gid_110./Failed_to_start_/usr
/lib/mailman/mail/mailman./did_0+0+1/

:'-( (gid 12 == mail)

Since using a combination of Suse9.3, PLESK and a (obviously?) special
distribution of mailmnan that comes with this combination I'm not able
to compile this with those funky parameters like -with-mail-gid=12 or
something.

What can I do? Thanks in advance - Regards Maxi