[Mailman-Users] query re "message has implicit destination"(devils advocate!)

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Sep 1 14:58:41 CEST 2006

Todd Zullinger writes:

 > stephen at xemacs.org wrote:
 > > Has anybody at Mailman asked CPanel, Plesk, or Apple for source and
 > > been refused?  Or one of their customers, and been refused because
 > > they were under NDA?  If we haven't asked, how can we bitch?

 > [...]
 > I've since had the displeasure of working on a cPanel hosted system
 > and there is a source directory for mailman.  If anyone's really
 > curious, I'll diff it against whatever the official source release
 > they're claiming it is.

If you actually do have the right to do so, yes, please.  If nobody
else wants it, feel free to send it to me personally, and I'll stick
it up on a website and post an URL in the FAQ.  It ought to be
available for the benefit of cPanel users who might be able to use it,
even if we're not going to use any of it in Mailman itself.

 > They may be honoring the letter of the license,

And then again, they may not be.  Checking the source will help to
figure that out.

Cheers,
Steve