[Mailman-Users] reviving broken mailman ???

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 31 22:52:56 CET 2006

Patrick Bogen wrote:

>P.s.,
>Please CC the list on all replies, so that more well-versed folk can
>chime in when I might not know the answer.

Yes. Please try to keep conversations on the list.

Patrick has pretty much covered it. If you want another view, see
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-October/054114.html>.
This is in the context of moving lists, but the directories and files
would be the same.

However, I *think* you should be able to reinstall Mailman without
moving your list data aside and get the same end result, but it would
be good to back up your data anyway.

Also, re: Patrick's concern that the issue may be caused by something
in the list data rather than Mailman itself is quite valid in general,
but is almost certainly not the case with your specific issue.