[Mailman-Users] how to force mailman to process bounces but notsend out anymore emails

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 24 18:18:35 CEST 2006

Josh Orchard wrote:

>I have many bounces in the thousands from a very large list (800K) that
>was sent. Will the list was stopped after 500K or so.  I would like to
>stop it from sending any more emails and have it process only the
>bounced emails and clean up only the bounces.
>
>So, basically how to make it only do the -leave emails that were sent.

Find Mailman's qfiles directory with subdirectories archive,  bounces,
commands,  in,  news,  out,  retry,  shunt and  virgin.

Any outgoing messages not yet sent by Mailman will be in the out/ and
or retry/ queues. These are files of the form
ttttt.ttttt+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.pck. You can delete these.

Any unprocessed returned bounces will be in bounces/ and any
unprocessed messages sent to -leave or -request (or -confirm, -join,
-(un)subscribe) will be in commands/.

Any unprocessed messages created by Mailman such as owner notices will
be in virgin/.