[Mailman-Users] Restricting numbers of emails per thread

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:57:59 CEST 2006

On 10/20/06, Spyro Polymiadis <spyropolymiadis at kromestudios.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the number of posts in any
> given thread in a mail list?
>
> We've got some ppl here that just post for the hell of it and just waste
> time in general, So we're looking at clamping down on some things..

This sort of content management seems (a) out of the scope of mailman,
and (b) an unrealistic expectation.

Primarily, there's nothing stopping a user from just starting a new
thread; email doesn't actually have any concept of 'threads'. The only
thing you might conceivably be able to do is limit the rate of posting
from a given user.

--
- Patrick Bogen