[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.9_rc1

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 18 18:31:01 CEST 2006

Roman Hultay wrote:

>I have several questions which may or may not be newbie-like:
>
>1. I would like to disable the ability for the public to see
>http://mydomain.tld/mailman/lists

I think you would have to address this in your web server.

>2. I would like to allow a specific user to be capable of adding mailing
>lists via the web interface

Establish a list creator password via bin/mmsitepass (see its --help)
and tell the user what it is. Depending on how your MTA delivers to
Mailman and whether or not it is 'integrated' you may still need to
deal manually with aliases.

>3. I would like to change the From: field on all messages to a
>definitive e-mail address on each list

Se the General Options->anonymous_list setting which will replace the
From: with the list address. This is all you can do without modifying
code. You can set Reply-To: to an arbitrary, specific address, also
under General Options.

>4. I would like to remove the attachment / footer containing list
>information

Go to Non-digest options and remove all the text from msg_footer. Do
the same for Digest options->digest_footer if you're concerned about
digests too.

You might find it helpful in geneal to go through the web admin
interface pages and see what's available. Also, see the FAQ
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>, and see the (abeit old
and/or incomplete) admin docs at <http://www.list.org/admins.html>
(and in the distribution tarball).