[Mailman-Users] Custom Sign-Up Form

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Wed Oct 18 08:19:13 CEST 2006

Thus spake stephen at xemacs.org on Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:28:56AM CDT
> Lindsay Haisley writes:
>
>  > Well-written technical documentation, however, is also somewhat
>  > rarer than one might hope.
>
> True.  But Mailman's is well better than average in my experience
> because about half of it is in the FAQ, based on the Internet
> tradition of codifying best current practices (ie, summarizing
> Mailman-Users threads).

I've actually been pretty well impressed with the clarity and organization of
Mailman documentation.  I really like the help pages for the administration UI
("Details for ....") to which I frequently refer people for whom I set up
lists.  These pages usually achieve the goal of being technically straight
forward enough to be both helpful to experienced admins and still clear to
relative newcomers.  This isn't often an easy balance.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    creativity is like   |      available at