[Mailman-Users] Using a remote email account as a message source

BigglesZX biggleszx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:49:34 CEST 2006

On 13/10/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> What is fetchmail doing with the messages it retrieves? Note that
> possibly the most straightforward thing is to have fetchmail deliver
> to a local mail directory (qfiles/maildir/ by default but can be
> changed in mm_cfg.py by setting MAILDIR_DIR) and use Mailman's maildir
> delivery by putting the following in mm_cfg.py
>
> USE_MAILDIR = Yes
> QRUNNERS.append(('MaildirRunner', 1))
>
> See Defaults.py for more info.

Apologies for deviation from topic :/

Okay, I've spent some time looking through the fetchmail documentation
and I can't for the life of me establish how to direct mail to a local
directory. Incidentally, my .fetchmailrc is as follows - I'm hoping I
got the semantics of it correct with regards to passing on mail in the
correct fashion.

   poll mymailserver.com protocol pop3
      username myusername there with password mypassw0rd is listname here nokeep
   ;

This configuration gives the impression of successful retreival and
flushing of remote mail. But it's still not making it to the list, so
I'm looking to try this local directory approach.

qfiles/in and qfiles/shunt are both empty, incidentally.

Thanks once again,

   Biggs

biggleszx at gmail.com
http://www.biggleszx.com/