[Mailman-Users] transfer archives from majordomo to mailman ?

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:17:47 CEST 2006

On 10/9/06, Bruce Mackenzie gm <BMackenzie at alum.mit.edu>
<bmacknz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Option B - The majordomo archives are just directories full of text files,
> so the could be loaded as web pages.  But that does not provide privacy
> and other nice features of archives, without some effort.
If you can get these messages into 'mbox' format (or, if they already
are- but I think you'll probably be slightly better off grouping them
up into mbox files and not having just a giant pile of messages), then
you can drop them in the appropriate place (which I believe is
archives/private/<listname>.mbox/ (<listname>.mbox is a directory,
with a file called <listname>.mbox inside, if the list has been used).

Then, you just need to rebuild the archives using mmarch. Something
like mmarch --wipe <listname> <first mbox file> and then mmarch
<listname> <each of the other mbox files in turn>

--
- Patrick Bogen