[Mailman-Users] Re-enabling users who exceed the bounce threshold

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Wed Oct 4 17:02:33 CEST 2006

Here's a related question:

I run a list of about 2300 subscribers, of whom perhaps a third are using
Comcast services.  Lately, Comcast has been blocking messages from this
list, probably because someone reported the list as spam once.  All our
efforts to persuade Comcast that the 2300 subscribers have chosen to receive
the list, and that it is *not* spam, have been unsuccessful so far.

As a consequence, all these members wind up getting bounced, and eventually
their subscriptions are disabled.  I've gone through manually and un-bounced
all the bounced members, but this is extremely tedious and slow, because
Mailman makes me do 1 letter of the alphabet at a time, and then only 20 or
30 subscribers at a time.

Is there a fast way?  Is there a way to automatically un-bounce all bouncing
members?

I realize this won't solve the Comcast problem.  These members still won't
get their messages from the list, but at least if Comcast reopens the gates,
the mail will flow.

On another note, I'd like to be able to get a list of all the subscribers
with comcast.net addresses, so I can write to them off-list.  I'd settle for
a list of all subscribers, which I can then filter with grep.  But I don't
see any way to get a full list, other than by asking the host site
administrators nicely, and hoping for the best.

Thanks,
-pd

--
--------