[Mailman-Users] Trouble Subscribing/Unsubscribing/Sending Messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 4 05:25:47 CEST 2006

Ki Song wrote:

>I must have messed up a setting on my mailman server because none of the
>requests sent by email are being processed.
>
>When I send a subscribe request to: specials-join at mail.knifecenter.com I see
>my Postfix server relaying the message to the mailman server,

How? Is it piping the message to "| path/to/mail/mailman join specials"?

>but it doesn't
>actually subscribe the email address that I want to subscribe. Instead,
>there are no actions that are taken by the mailman server (to the best of my
>knowledge).
>
>Is there a setting that I could have messed up that prevents messages sent
>to the mailman server from being process properly?

Yes. First step is to verify that the message to specials-join is being
piped to the wrapper with arguments "join specials" (you should see
this in your postfix log). If not, you need to check your aliases for
Postfix.

If the message is being piped correctly, see if it is sitting in
qfiles/commands/. If so, then as Glen suggests in another reply, make
sure CommandRunner is running.