[Mailman-Users] links in outgoingmail not working

chris fergus chrisf at lucidoc.com
Tue Oct 3 22:50:53 CEST 2006

I have mm 2.1.5, Exim4 installed on a Debian box.

When setting up mailing lists the link in the outgoing email fails with a
404 error

The link is:

https://mail.servername.com/cgi-bin/admin/listname.... (Not Found)

The requested URL /cgi-bin/admin/internal was not found on this server.

I can get to the initial admin page at:

https://mail.servername/mailman/admin/mailman

but not the overview page

I get the 404 error.

My mm_cfg.py variable looks like this:

"DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/cgi-bin/'"

"PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/cgi-bin/private'"

My apached.conf looks like this:

#ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/

#

# "/usr/lib/cgi-bin" could be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased # CGI
directory exists, if you have that configured.

#

<Directory /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/>

    AllowOverride None

    Options ExecCGI

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

</Directory>

Iv'e tried tweeking the variables in both configs and running

'bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url'

each time, but the problem usually, but not always gets worse; when I try
the link again, it just gives me a blank page (not accessable)

The output from the above command is always the following:

'importing fix_url....

Running fix_url.fix_url...

saving list

Saving list

Finalizing'

It gives me the above response whether mailman is running or not. (which I
think is correct)

Additionally, the outgoing email to the <newlist> admin is the following
(which doesn't seem right):

'internal-bounces at mail.lucidoc.com; on behalf of;
mailman-admin at mail.lucidoc.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.