[Mailman-Users] gmail and yahoo blocked?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Oct 2 22:19:03 CEST 2006

Brad Knowles wrote:

>At 10:22 PM +0300 10/2/06, Levent Elpen wrote:
>
>>  I have a problem recently (I have not, before). I have two mailman
>>  lists on my server and cpanel.
>
>Please see FAQ 6.11.
>
>>                                 One runs properly and send mail to all
>>  server types include gmail and yahoo. Other, runs properly, too, but
>>  does not send specially my yahoo and gmail adresses.
>
>Please see FAQ 3.42.

This may or may not be a problem with Yahoo and/or Gmail blocking, but
since you have two lists on the same server and both Yahoo and Gmail
receive and deliver mail from one list and not the other, that rules
out a lot of the things such as originating domain or IP address that
are often the basis for blocking.

I would compare the two list configurations side by side to see what's
different. Possibly something like an explicit Reply-To: on one list
but not the other or something in the subject_prefix of the blocked
list is causing this.