[Mailman-Users] Sending emails via Mailman Issue

Saxvik, Ben bsaxvik at sunrice.com.au
Thu Nov 30 23:45:56 CET 2006

Hi Patrick,

I tired to telnet to port 25 on localhost and got a connection refused
error.

I verified that sendmail was running and it was. I then proceeded to
/etc/hosts file and found that the loopback address for the machine was
incorrect. Instead of the address being 127.0.0.1 it was ::1. Once I
change it back it was all sweet.

I did apply some patches to my system recently so one of them must have
changed this address.

Again thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Ben