[Mailman-Users] Private lists and trouble shooting unsubscribes

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 20:57:54 CET 2006

On 11/30/06, Ken Cheney <kencheney at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I do have access to the box that mailman is on. The vette log shows:
>
> Nov 29 08:05:02 2006 (11992) Mailman post from root at listserv.mydomain.org
> held,
> message-id=<200611291305.kATD51Gr025658 at listserv.mydomain.org>:
> Post by non-member to a members-only list
The address 'root at listserv.mydomain.org' is not a member of the list.
That is the address you sent the message from. However, this indicates
the message was held, not rejected or discarded. Are you sure you're
looking at the correct place when you say it doesn't show up as a
moderation task?

> but the email address I sent to this list from is a member of the list.  Is
> this a problem maybe in the aliases file?
>
> alias_database = hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
I don't think you need both of these. I'm not completely sure,
however. This might have something to do with why listname-leave isn't
working.

--
- Patrick Bogen