[Mailman-Users] Old lists are working. New lists discard allmessages. How to debug?

Brian Parish bmp at univexsystems.com
Tue Nov 28 14:31:42 CET 2006

Dan Phillips wrote:

>> 1.  I am moderated, but member_moderation_action is hold
>>
>> 2.  If I switch off my moderation bit, the behavior is unaffected
>>
>> 3.  I am subscribed to the list under two addresses and sending from
>> either I get discarded
>>
>> 4. discard_these_nonmembers is blank and generic_nonmember_action
>>  is hold
>>
>> 5. forward_auto_discards is set to Yes, so I see the discards, but
>> with no explanation as to why
>>
>> Given point 4, I don't understand how mailman can do anything but
>> hold the message for approval, whether I am correctly subscribed or
>> not.  I am more than happy to provide admin access to this list if
>> you feel like having a play.
>

> Is it possible this is a content filtering issue? If the result of
> filtering is an empty message body, it is discarded in the way you
> describe.
>
> Dan

No I don't think so.  I tried some "real" messages.  i.e. a normal
subject line and a few sentences of normal text.  Still discarded.

Is there really no way of having mailman indicate a reason for
discarding a message?  It would be really helpful to know what criteria
are in play here.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Brian