[Mailman-Users] ics / iCalendar attachments?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 27 23:03:26 CET 2006

David Gibbs wrote:

>Two words: Brick-wall & Head (as in: hitting one against the other ...
>I'll accomplish the same whichever I do).
>
>Although I don't think it's a M$ Exchange problem ... when I sent a
>event attachment with GMail, I get the same behavior.

If all the MUA's send the text/calendar part with a text/plain
alternative, then what you need to do is 2).

>> 2) set "collapse_alternatives = no", but this may have other, unwanted
>> effects.
>
>Maybe.  I'll have to experiment.

The potentially unwanted effects I had in mind are that your current
settings accept both text/plain and text/html, but if a text/html part
has a text/plain alternative, only the text/plain part is sent to the
list. Setting "collapse_alternatives = no" will mean that in these
cases, both alternatives will be sent to the list in the original
multipart/alternative form. You may see this as neutral, positive or
negative.