[Mailman-Users] disabling delivery of emails and yet be able to post

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Nov 27 09:16:20 CET 2006

At 1:12 AM -0700 11/27/06, Krishna Mohan Gundu wrote:

>  Turning off the delivery of emails unfortunately disables posting. So
>  I will have enable/disable each time before/after I want to post. Is
>  there a better way?

This is not the way it works with any version of Mailman I have ever
encountered.  In fact, I recommend that people do precisely this when
they want to post from multiple different addresses to lists I
administer, but where they want to receive only one copy of posts to
the list.

What is it that you have seen that leads you to believe that this
technique doesn't work?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.