[Mailman-Users] New Mailman Installation - Can't Send Email toaNew List (reformatted)

mcjathan mcjathan1 at xmission.com
Mon Nov 27 03:15:17 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> McJathan wrote:
>
>> Here are the entries from our mm_cfg.py file:
>>
>>     from Defaults import
>>
>>     POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS=['domain1.net', 'domain2.net']
>>     MTA='Postfix'
>>     add_virtualhost('mail.domain1.net', 'domain1.net')
>>     MAILMAN_SITE_LIST='mailman'*
>>

> Are the values for DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST from
> Defaults.py those for the domain2.net domain? If not, you need to set
> them in mm_cfg.py and clear the VIRTUAL_HOSTS dictionary of the entry
> from Defaults.py and have add_virtualhost() lines for the default
> domain and each additional domain. See, e.g., the beginning of
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp>.
>
> Also, it looks like
>
>      add_virtualhost('mail.domain1.net', 'domain1.net')
>
> may be backwards - the web domain is first and the email domain is
> second.
>
> If you need to make changes to these in mm_cfg.py, you probably also
> need to run fix_url as described later in FAQ 4.29 or in
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.069.htp>.
>

> The fact that you have nothing in virtual-mailman after running
> bin/genaliases and/or creating lists indicates you have no lists whose
> host_name attribute is in the POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS list.

Hi Mark,

In reading your instructions through what I discovered was that
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS was set to false like this:

   POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = []

I'm assuming this may be the entire problem.  Should this be set thusly?:

   POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['domain1.net', 'domain2.net']

If so, once I make the change, what do I need to do to properly populate
virtual-mailman and generally re-initialize everything?

Regards, Jeff