[Mailman-Users] Stopping Posts to mailman List

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 21 21:56:06 CET 2006

Todd Zullinger wrote:

>Raquel wrote:
>> I have a spammer who's posting to mailman at domain.com.  Obviously,
>> the administration interface cannot be accessed for this list.
>
>I must be missing the obvious part.  Why can't you access the admin
>interface for that list?

Me too. If you mean you don't know the list password and/or the site
password then if you shouldn't know these things, pass the problem to
the person who should, and if you should know these things, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.008.htp>.

If you mean that attempts to go to URLs like
<http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/mailman> and
<http://www.example.com/mailman/admindb/mailman> take you to the
listinfo overview page instead, your web server is misconfigured. You
have something like

and it should be

Fix this, but in the mean time you can use URL's like

<http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/mailman/x> and
<http://www.example.com/mailman/admindb/mailman/x> instead.