[Mailman-Users] Approve subscription requests via mail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 21 18:19:16 CET 2006

Barry Warsaw wrote:

>Can someone check to see just how badly broken our urls are?  I'd
>start with the FAQ.  Since many bugs that broke reproducibility have
>been fixed for a while, maybe we got lucky, at least with newer
>archive messages.

I just did a search of the FAQ for 'http://mail.python.org' and there
are 41 articles returned. 1.18 at least contains only a generic URL,
but the few other links I checked return the wrong articles. I can
work on fixing this over the next few days.

I checked a few links in the 2002 to 2005 range and it seems that they
can be fixed by incrementing the message number by '4' in the URL.

However, I see no change on the TOC or monthly index pages. Brad, which
template(s) did you change? The main one is archtocnombox.html, not
archtoc.html which is only used if there is a link to the global mbox
(mm_cfg.PUBLIC_MBOX is True which it isn't for the mail.python.org
lists).