[Mailman-Users] Upgrading from 2.1.5 to 2.1.9

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Tue Nov 21 10:40:32 CET 2006

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Patrick Bogen wrote:

> On 11/8/06, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:
>> Of course, I actually used the FreeBSD port system to install Mailman
>> as opposed to installing from source, but the concept is the same.
>> And this is no guarantee that things will be this clean for you.
>
> The only added complication when installing from source is that you'd
> need to use the same './configure' arguments as you used before.

    We currently have /usr/local/mailman on each machine, and list data,
archives, logs, Etc on shared storage.  One of the things we will be
changing during this upgrade is to have everything Mailman live on the
shared storage.  During my test upgrade (on another machine) I integrated
/usr/local/mailman/* and directories from shared storage, and ran
configure with the --prefix pointing to this new mount point - this
appears to have worked properly, E.G. Mailman does not look for anything
in any of the old paths.

Thanks for your reply,

Ivan.