[Mailman-Users] text-only versus graphical

Daevid Vincent daevid at daevid.com
Mon Nov 20 23:24:42 CET 2006

I don't know why everyone is all down on graphical HTML email. The way I see
it, I would much prefer HTML if it's a newsletter or something. It's
cleaner. Easier to read with formatting. Links aren't these huge URLs. And
adds a certain amount of professionalism (assuming it looks good and isn't
crappy circa 1988 looking).

The only time HTML email is "evil" is when it's from an unknown source that
is most likely a phisher, or it is coded so horribly that it's painful to
read.

If someone has joined a list, then that list should be trusted to some
degree, along with the members of said list.

I think this "plain-text" only mentality is antiquated and fostered from
die-hard zealots who still use, nigh, prefer the command line over GUI tools
which take most of the tedious guess-work and fat-fingering out of
administration of a server.

...but that's just my opinion.

DÆVID