[Mailman-Users] Personalized Email

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Nov 16 22:49:26 CET 2006

Jan Shaw wrote:

>How do I show the individual email addresses of recipient in their
>To: window ?  They are all members of a list but the sender wants it
>to look like they are receiving an individual email from him.  I am
>researching FAQ 3.15. How do I enable personalization.  Is this the
>right place for the answer? I am unable to locate the "enable
>personalization to true"  Thanks for your help.

Yes, FAQ 3.15 is the place.

Do you see personalization options on the Non-digest options page in
the admin interface. If not, as the FAQ says, you need to "set the
OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION variable to true" in mm_cfg.py.

If this is your Mailman installation, you (or your site admin or
Mailman admin staff) can do this. If this Mailman is hosted by some
servce provider, then you have to ask them and they may refuse to do
it because of performance concerns.