[Mailman-Users] spam

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 20:24:17 CET 2006

On 11/15/06, Snake <snake.lists at snakepit.net> wrote:

> I am getting a huge amount of spam sent to my list owner addresses for all
> my lists, is there any way I can stop this?
> Can I setup my lists so that only mailman itself can email me and that other
> people cannot send email to list-owner at mylist.com

This would have to be done on the MTA level, since I believe the
handling of list-owner in mailman is pretty simplistic (i.e., pull a
variable and redirect the mail).

Alternatively, you can always implement reasonable spam filtering
technologies at the MTA level to keep spam away from mailman (which is
where it belongs. Far, far away from mailman.)

--
- Patrick Bogen