[Mailman-Users] Spam

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Tue Nov 14 16:36:34 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 auc2infinity at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Everyone, I am subscribing memebers to my list and they pointed out
> to me that the welcome, invite, and or confirm email message get marked
> and moved into their spam folder.  Is there any settings in mailman so
> the the email clients don't see it as spam?

No nor can there be. Mail clients and receiving mail servers determine
what they think is spam by a variety of different means that may or may
not be under the control of the recipient.  The more restrictive a user's
anti-spam settings are, the more likely there are to be false positives.
If there was some way to include a magic flag in a message that said "this
is not spam", don't you think all the spammers would include that in their
spam?

-- Larry Stone
   lstone19 at stonejongleux.com