[Mailman-Users] spam, spamcop and mailman moderation

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Nov 13 04:39:57 CET 2006

At 12:11 PM -0500 11/12/06, John A. Martin wrote:

>  suspect you would agree that otherwise action should not be
>  recommended to be taken based upon the data contained in header
>  fields.

I would agree that the RFC guidelines should be followed, and if they
are met then certain actions could be taken in response.

Where I think we disagree is whether or not SPF is capable of
actually meeting those requirements.  However, there may be other
methods which might be capable of meeting those requirements, and
they might also be reflected in a header which can be matched as a
regular expression, so I agree that the general point is valid.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.