[Mailman-Users] mailman and exim4

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 18:54:24 CET 2006

On 11/10/06, Eric Walker <sli1que at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am running Debian as I said before so these directions don't apply. No
> disrespect but I am using this list because I have called myself reading
> many documents about install of mailman and exim4 on debian and I am at wits
> ends.... Do you have anything that closer resembles my current setup?

Section 7 <http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/customizing.html>
indicates that configuration options are well-documented in the
Defaults.py, which addresses 'It says I need to at least set
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST. What do I set these too.'

Section 13 <http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/node45.html>
answers 'how do I send mail to everyone who is a member of the test
list?'

You don't need documentation that's specific to Debian and exim (FWIW,
I much prefer postfix to exim). You need documentation that covers the
basics of using and administering Mailman, which is what the linked
install guide does.

--
- Patrick Bogen