[Mailman-Users] connection refused by lists.

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 16:26:30 CET 2006

On 11/10/06, Gretchen at Ladyweave.com | 269-369-1114
<gretchen at ladyweave.com> wrote:
> A message to one of our lists didn't go through. Does the error message
> indicate a problem at the server or is it within the program? The list seems
> to be working fine now. Thanks for any advice you can give.
>
> <religious-educators at lists.cmwd-uua.org>... Deferred: Connection refused by
> lists.cmwd-uua.org.
> Message could not be delivered for 3 hours
> Message will be deleted from queue

This was a problem with the MTA (e.g., postfix, sendmail, exim, qmail,
or something else) at lists.cmwd-uua.org, OR with whichever server was
trying to talk to it. The latter is probably not the case, but it MAY
be due to a network disruption if everything checks out on the MTA
level.

--
- Patrick Bogen