[Mailman-Users] Newbie questions

Peter CS Adams aka Tom peter.adams at umb.edu
Sat May 27 00:39:53 CEST 2006

Hi Peter - In general, as this post suggests (pardon the liberties...!),
Mailman isn't super-secure. For example, all it takes to impersonate you
as a member posting is to know your email address. So encrypted
passwords are the least concern, and I wouldn't use a very important
password.

Regarding spaces in passwords -- I just noticed this today, and had to
validate my password input against spaces.

Mailman is great for simple, fast email list exchange and has its place.
I've had no cause for complaints after using it for about 4 years now.

Regards,
Tom Wolfe
informalex.org
acmg.ca/mcr