[Mailman-Users] bounces are not disabling accounts

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 26 21:31:34 CEST 2006

Steve Quezadas wrote:

>yeah, I see what went wrong. The probe is sending out a message, but
>it's not bouncing back to qmail properly. I get the following message:
>"sorry, no mailbox here by that name". It Seems to be trying to write to
>"isolation-list-bounces+d54833a6a19099f92febe90bf05a85c86be6c2b3 at modelprinting.com".
>

>I read the README.QMAIL file and I did what it says. Namely, I installed
>the ".qmail-isolation-list-bounces-default" there, but it doesn't seem
>to be accepting any mail from
>"isolation-list-bounces+d54833a6a19099f92febe90bf05a85c86be6c2b3 at modelprinting.com".
>Is this a qmail problem or a mailman problem?

It's a Qmail configuration issue. Qmail has to ignore the '+' and
following text in the local part of the address. I.e., it has to
deliver mail with sent to
"isolation-list-bounces+d54833a6a19099f92febe90bf05a85c86be6c2b3 at modelprinting.com"
as though it were sent to "isolation-list-bounces at modelprinting.com".

I don't know how you configure this in Qmail.