[Mailman-Users] Approved: header (was: Batch member attributes)

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 07:43:14 CEST 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> A much better way is to give these authorized posters the moderator
> password for the lists and have them post using an Approved: header or
> first body line. Although, if they reallty need 80 different passwords
> each, I can see that would be quite a pain.

This is a question that has been bugging me for a while.  If a moderator
adds an "Approved: xxxxxx" header but misspells "Approved", then their
password goes on to the list for all to see.  Without setting filters
for each and every password (esp., moderator passwords which I prefer
admins to not know, and vice versa) is it a good idea to add a feature
to Mailman that would automatically hold emails that contained an admin
or moderator password in the first few lines of the email body?

-Jim P>