[Mailman-Users] Problem with config.pck

Markus Schanovsky markus at schanovsky.at
Sun May 21 09:35:44 CEST 2006

Hello!

I am very sorry to ask for help, but I run into a big problem with
mailman 2.18.
Everytime I try to call an admin-pages of mailman or a user calls his
personal admittance to his mailman-subscription I get the following
error-message:

==============
Bug in Mailman version 2.1.8

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a
copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description
of what happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 101, in run_main
     main()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 47, in main
     mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 130, in __init__
     self.Load()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 629, in Load
     dict, e = self.__load(file)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 595, in __load
     fp = open(dbfile)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/local/mailman/lists/dialog/config.pck'

The rights for the files are:
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  1867148 May 19 22:08 config.pck
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  1867148 May 19 22:08 config.pck.last
-rwxrwxrwx  1 www      mailman      823 May 19 16:52 pending.pck
-rwxrwxrwx  1 www      mailman      665 May 19 11:57 request.pck

Every time I change the permission to 777 I can reach the
admin-pages, but if mailman is running (mailman.sh start) the
permissions are quickly set back to the version You see above.
Regardles who I set as owner:group - everytime the same effect.

Now my question:
Who is setting the file-permissions back?
Who shall be the correct owner?
What can I do?

With best regards fram Vienna
Mark

Markus Schanovsky, Dipl. Ped.
Pedagogical Institut of the council of Vienna           IT-Administrator
Burggasse 14-16/214                            Tel: +43-1/523 62 22/93 222
A-1070 Vienna                                   Fax: +43-1/523 62 22/99 93 200
Austria
email: m.schanovsky at m56ssr.wien.at       priv: mschano at aon.at
Website: http://www.pi-wien.at