[Mailman-Users] Everything is an attachment

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed May 17 16:44:00 CEST 2006

I have set up a list that is used for announcements only. There is a list of
members, but only a few can post. No digests, just immediate delivery. We
have a mixed bag of recipient MUAs here, and although OE receives the mail
normally, Outlook users receive email with the header only in the body of
the email, and the real body and footer as attachments.

I have searched the archives/FAQ for a solution and may have found an
answer, but am not sure. The FAQ 4.39 seems to indicate no real solution
other than changing MUA, but in

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg36757.html

the solution was a blank line in the footer. I have a header with a carriage
return that forms the blank line. Although this is easy to test to see if
this is really the problem, is there an easy way to create the separator
line to allow a blank line between the header and body other than asking
each poster to remember to put a blank line at the top of the body? I'm
still not sure why the footer is also an attachment.

I checked the sender's Outlook prefs and checked the "Send as plain text" in
his Contacts for this particular address, but that did not help. Can anyone
think of another place I may need to change something?

In the mean time, I will change the header and retest.

Thanks

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers