[Mailman-Users] Can I change the "to" address?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 16 04:19:31 CEST 2006

Steve Quezadas wrote:

>I notice that when I send an email to my maillist, it list
>"list-name at domain.org" as the "to" user in the email header. Can mailman
>list the "to" section in the email header to the person it's actually
>delivering to? IE: end-user at earthlink.net?

If you see the 'personalize' options on the admin Non-digest options
page, you do this by setting 'Full Personalization'. If you don't see
the option, it has to be enabled by the site by putting

OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes

in mm_cfg.py. I.e., if it is your Mailman installation, you can do
this. If it is a hosted Mailman, it is up to the host whether or not
to allow this because there are performance considerations.