[Mailman-Users] Custom footer based on sender's email

Rob Jackson robertj at linux4free.com
Mon May 15 20:25:37 CEST 2006

Ok, I got this piece kind of working, but there is a problem with this.

This is my search and replace string, and the search at this point doesn't
matter.

pl = re.sub('lksjdfsdf', 'new text', pl)

Here is the last part of the body, it is all contained in one line:

"You received this e-mail because you are currently subscribed to this
message board alert. To unsubscribe from this alert, or to change your
settings to receive a digest version instead, please visit My Alerts."

After this message goes through mailman, this is how it comes out on the
other side:

jZ;]yay%"hh?hjfzjCj?k-yM:4r^=JjgV'qbsOyDKijljw,&gZ,j
}z?Ox^=by?m+m?y?+.n+a?Oy?zS?&~&jWZ zb
-z+i?zoz"x?v^j??3 %zl

If I add, or remove a letter to the orginal footer, anywhere, or change any
one of the punctuation marks to a letter, it will come through clean, and
not garbled.

I am stumped!