[Mailman-Users] Sendmail and DSN: Mailman-Users at python.org

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat May 13 19:19:37 CEST 2006

Wayne Spivak wrote:

>When we try to send e-mail from mailman (such as subscribing to a list), we
>get:
>
>May 13 12:17:06 localhost sendmail[2209]: k4DGH5f6002207: k4DGH6f6002209:
>DSN: Service unavailable

So Mailman is unable to send mail via sendmail on 'localhost' port 25
(unless you've changed these in mm_cfg.py). It seems like a sendmail
issue to me, but see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.014.htp>
for some debugging tips. Note that the specific error in the FAQ is
different, so the solutions probably don't apply, but the small test
scripts in the FAQ and the linked archives may help with debugging.