[Mailman-Users] Mailman and forwarded emails

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri May 12 21:06:30 CEST 2006

On 5/11/06, Adrian <adrian at moohoohoo.com> wrote:
>  Just so you know:-
> message -> pirateshipmaillinglist at moohoohoo.com -> gets on to the list AOK
> message -> maillinglist at pirateship.org.au (set to forward to a standard
> email address) -> gets on to the email address AOK
> message -> maillinglist at pirateship.org.au (set to forward to
> pirateshipmaillinglist at moohoohoo.com) -> does *not* get on to the list and
> seems to disappear (no error in delivery messages etc)
> I really think there must be some settings in the mailinglist software to
> fix this. Hoping you can help.

Can you check the MTA logs on moohoohoo.com to see if the message is
actually being forwarded properly? Can you temporarily change the
mailinglist at pirateship... address to forward to your personal address?

Here's another question: Is this *forwarding* the message, or
rewriting the recipient and relaying? (I.e., does the message arrive
at moohoohoo.com as From: mailinglist at pirateship.org.au, or From:
original.sender at some.host.com ?)

--
- Patrick Bogen