[Mailman-Users] administrator vs. moderator notification

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 11 07:13:01 CEST 2006

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>Unfortunately, in version 2.1.5 (and in newer versions too, I believe)
>this is not configurable separately :-( It's only possible to switch
>on and off notification for both moderators and administrators at the
>same time.

That is correct.

>I would like to have two levels of notification options.
>
>  1a. Default settings for administrators.
>  1b. Default settings and moderators.
>
>  2a. Personal settings for administrators.
>  2b. Personal settings for moderators.
>
>To continue the above situation, I would like to make only the robot
>receive immediate notifications, while moderators and administrators
>get daily digests only -- this assumes that those digests get
>generated right before they are sent so that they don't show up the
>accumulated spam mails already removed by the robot.

Your assumption is correct. The implementation of your idea is a bit
more difficult. Currently, no information other than email address is
kept for moderators and admins - they don't even have to be list
members - so provision for storing personal settings would need to be
made. Then, if we're going to have personal settings for moderators
and admins, we might want individual passwords too.

Anyway, this is a feature request, best submitted at
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=350103> or the new
wiki at <http://wiki.list.org> (which may have a DNS issue at the
moment, but can be accessed at <http://wiki.mailman.atlassian.com/>).
Feature requests in the wiki should be added as comments to the
Development->Mailman 2.2 page.