[Mailman-Users] Charset problem. cmd_confirm assumes ascii code.

Osmo Kujala KUJALA at jylk.jyu.fi
Wed May 10 15:49:17 CEST 2006

Hi, Sorry to bother you on and on with this

>I wrote Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:56:47 +0200 (EET)

>> We have problem with confirm mail when mail body contains
>> characters out of ascii code (range(128)). ... etc.

>I hope someone is at least a little bit interested...
>It's really a problem here that confirmations
>mysteriously disappear.

>In case reading the mail was fussed about finnish characters
>(iso-8859-1), maybe looking it from archive works better:

> http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg38393.html

Now I found out that when the confirm code is in mail body
and non-ascii characters are on next line confirm succeeds.
(only one such test done)

Maybe it's only the situation when confirm is send by reply
(confirm code in Subject) and non-ascii characters in the mail boby
that goes wrong. Is it something to do with that Subject-line must
be ascii allways?

Osmo