[Mailman-Users] Mailman isn't sending mail.

Jason Z jzmatrix78 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 23:49:57 CEST 2006

> > I recently installed Mailman 2.1.8 using Postfix 2.1.5 on Debian 3.1(x86).
> > I have configured a few test lists on multiple domains on the
> system.  The
> > virtual hosts are configured and the web ui for list creation is
> recognizing
> > the virtual hosts and creating the lists accordingly.   I also
> subscribed a
> > few email addresses to the lists.
> >
> > I sent a number of test emails to the test list, the email is hitting
> the
> > mailman server and is being processed by mailman and making it into the
> list
> > archives.  However, mailman is not sending any emails out.  It doesn't
> > appear to be sending any welcome message, email confirmation, or list
> > broadcasts.  I have tried both sendmail and SMTPDirect modes, both end
> with
> > the same results.
>
> Is the queuerunner running?

All of the qrunner processes were active with the exception of the
OutgoingRunner.  I tried starting that by hand and it didn't seem very handy
(error messages below).  It keeps mentioning the Sendmail.py delivery module
shouldn't be used (currently I'm configured for the SMTPDirect mode) so I'm
assuming this qrunner process shouldn't be active.

Error message generated when a message was sent to the list (or a user
subscription was submitted):
-----------------
May 05 17:47:06 2006 (11790) Uncaught runner exception: Use of the
Sendmail.py delivery module is highly discouraged
May 05 17:47:06 2006 (11790) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 111, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 167, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/OutgoingRunner.py", line 73, in
_dispose
    self._func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Sendmail.py", line 71, in
process
    assert 0, 'Use of the Sendmail.py delivery module is highly discouraged'
AssertionError: Use of the Sendmail.py delivery module is highly discouraged

May 05 17:47:07 2006 (11790) SHUNTING:
1146865625.5062881+6ad85e4de6599e109e22f1bea4c770dbe0ccb02f