[Mailman-Users] How is the list is setup for digests?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri May 5 22:24:16 CEST 2006

At 2:29 PM -0400 2006-05-05, Steve Campbell wrote:

>  I really like how this list sends digests, in particular, how the individual
>  emails are 'attached' as separate emails. Could someone provide the details
>  of how this is done?

	It's an Internet standard for MIME-formatted digests.  I could
point you at the RFC that specifies the standard, but I don't know if
that would help you very much.

>                        And whether it is related to my particular MUA (Outlook
>  Express)? Is it something that can be done through the normal UI for
>  digests?

	It can be done for any program that generates digests which are
then sent out by e-mail to recipients.  Mailman does it, but so do
many other mailing list management (MLM) packages.

	Of course, to make it look right, it does require support from
the client side -- they need to understand how to interpret the
formatting correctly, so that they can then present the digest to the
user in a way that makes sense.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755