[Mailman-Users] Forwarding old lists to new list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 4 07:09:19 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>Is it acceptable to forward old lists that are not used anymore to one single list?

I'm not sure what you're getting at or what result you want, but if you
mean could you set MTA aliases for several different
listname at example.com, etc. addresses to all go to the same list as in

list1:             "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post newlist"
list1-bounces:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces newlist"
etc.
list2:             "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post newlist"
list2-bounces:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces newlist"
etc.

there should be no problem doing that.

You would probably either want to set newlist for
require_explicit_destination - No or add all the old list posting
addresses to acceptable_aliases