[Mailman-Users] mailman vs yahoogroups

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Thu May 4 03:49:43 CEST 2006

Brad Knowles said the following on 5/3/2006 1:00 AM:
> 	From the Mailman side, the canonical answer is FAQ 1.26 at
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.026.htp>.
>
> 	I can pretty much guarantee you that some of these things will
> never be integrated into Mailman.
>
> 	Someone could certainly take Mailman and make it a component of a
> system like Yahoo!Groups, and then make that system available either
> as a freely available package or as a paid system, but that would be
> beyond the scope of Mailman itself.

I think the biggest thing I hear complaints about on my MM server, is
that there's no way to configure a monthly "rules" mailing without
requiring sysadmin (i.e. my) intervention with crude hacks with cronjobs
and such. I've got a few lists where such monthly mailings are not just
handy, they're downright required. :-/

Will there be anything forthcoming in Mailman that will let the mailing
list owners set stuff like that up without requiring sysadmin
intervention? Just wondering.. :)

Thanks!
Best,
--Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759