[Mailman-Users] Custom footer based on sender's email

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 4 02:18:24 CEST 2006

Rob Jackson wrote:

>I need to figure out how to add a footer to an e-mail coming from a specific
>user.   I just can't seem to figure this out.   I have created a module to
>weed out the address, but now I need to munge the body of the message.

You will need to do several things.

1) set OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes in mm_cfg.py so you can
do

2) set the list's personalize option (in Non-digest options) to Yes so
you will be sending separately to each recipient, then

3) see Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py for the current code that adds
personalized headers and footers. You either have to make your changes
here or in Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py in the verpdeliver()
function.