[Mailman-Users] qrunner restarts every 15 minutes

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed May 3 05:31:23 CEST 2006

Carl Zwanzig wrote:

>In a flurry of recycled electrons, Joern Allmers wrote:
>>
>> I don't think so. In cron.d theres no entry for it. Any idea why the qrunners
>> are stopt?
>
>In answer to the second question, you can only have one of each qrunner
>at a time, so if you start a new master, it'll kill any others that it
>sees.

It isn't that straightforward. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.068.htp>.

In any case, I don't think that's the problem here.

Is there any more in the qrunner log than was in the original post
(e.g., messages from the qrunners indicating a received signal)? Is
there anything in Mailman's error log?

It is unlikely to be any kind of processing error as that would
normally affect at most one runner. I note that NewsRunner wasn't in
the log in the OP. Is it unaffected, or are you not running it?

It is most likely some external cron process or OS condition that is
stopping the runners, but it's difficult to say without more log info
from Mailman or the OS.