[Mailman-Users] Turn off wraping a line

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 31 21:28:42 CEST 2006

DongInn Kim wrote:

>Is there a simple configuration to turn off the functionality of
>wrapping a line in a mail?

If you're talking about 'header folding', then no, there is no option
to stop Mailman from doing this.

If you're talking about folding lines in the body of the message, I
don't know anywhere in Mailman where folding would be done except
maybe in content filtering html to plain text conversion. Folding is
more likely being done by the poster's MUA, the recipients MUA or if
the lines are really long by some MTA in the path to and from Mailman.
It's possible (I haven't looked into it) that Mailman folds really
long lines too. Note that by 'really long' I mean longer than the RFC
2821/2822 limit of 998 characters plus <CR LF>.