[Mailman-Users] Keep getting empty bounces

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Mar 26 01:30:19 CET 2006

Chris Mason wrote:

>I followed your instructions, thi sis the session:
>[root at server7 root]# python
>Python 2.2.3 (#1, Feb  2 2005, 12:20:51)
>[GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-49)] on linux2
>Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>... From: masonc at masonc.com
>... To: You
>... This is a test
>... """

Are these the actual recipients that were "bouncing" on your test list?

I suggested that you put your own address here so the "bounces" would
come directly to you.

>(220, 'server7.picadoo.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.11/8.12.11; Sat, 25 Mar
>2006 12:20:49 -0400')
>{}
> >>>

>And the emails arrived as planned with no bounces.

In any case, this is just the way Mailman sends mail, so if there are
no "bounces" returned from this, I have no idea why there would be
bounces from list posts sent to the same addresses.